Jewelry Care & Materials
Jewelry can be made of a wide range of materials which all have its own benefits. We at Mavolla make a careful selection of these materials and select only the highest quality so we know our customers will love it! Below we describe which materials we use, why we use them and how to take care of them. Read carefully as this will help keep your jewelry shiny and in good condition!
We love to use Stainless Steel in our jewelry! It has a lot of advantages:
- It is waterproof so you can wear it all day without having to take it off.
- Stainless Steel is sustainable and 100% recyclable.
- It is hypoallergenic and does NOT contain lead and nickel. This makes it suitable for every type of skin.
- Stainless Steel does not tarnish and does not scratch easily due to its hardness.
For all of our Stainless Steel jewelry we use 18K gold plating which creates a beautiful shine. To keep your jewelry shiny and in good condition we advise you to store your pieces in our signature Mavolla box and pouch and to clean your jewelry regularly with a soft cloth.
It doesn't get much more classic than pearls. These popular gems manage to be dainty and sweet, yet bold at the same time. Pearls have been popular in the jewelry industry for more than 100 years and are still very much so. And frankly, who doesn’t like pearls?
As you can imagine, pearls love to be taken care of and we have some tips to get you going:
- Last on, first off. Pearls should be the final touch to your outfit. Avoid applying makeup, hairspray, lotion or perfume once your pearls are on.
- Store them flat. While it's perfectly acceptable for most necklaces to be hung on a cute jewelry rack, your pearl strands should not be. Store pearl necklaces flat to prevent them from stretching.
- Dedicate a space just for your pearls. Soft pearls are prone to scratches, so store them separately in fabric-lined compartments.
- Wear your pearls often. Pearls do best in a moist environment, so wearing them frequently keeps them from drying out. Easiest. Advice. Ever.